October 3, 2012

I Noticed that This Blog has Changed...

You have to understand... when I started this blog, I was in a totally different mindset then compared to what I am now. Still the same person, in general, but my mind and how it works and what it's focused on is way different.

And like, I find myself with not much time to do the detailed writings about things that I kinda sorta care about. Like, I remember last year, I was doing posts on E3, the NBA, and a whole bunch of other shit that caught my mind. I had song of the day, video of the day, The Adventures of Mark Wins, and maybe even other blog features that I hardly even remember anymore. It's all because my mind is in a different place these days...

Like, a lot of the things that media talks about these days simply doesn't interest me. I've also lost interest in many things that I used to care for in place of giving more focus to more important things. Like, for example, most of my personal opinions on shit has disappeared, and a whole lot more poetry has occupied this blog. Poetry is something I've been focusing on a whole lot more.

And I'm also getting Marko Man started. It's taking forever for me to actually get it going, and I actually had to stop and start over the series (well, I didn't restart it yet) in favor of "non-canon" stories that I find way more epic and entertaining than what I was writing. I actually have a few more stories that I want to write before I even bother starting the series back up again... and three fights will end up here on this blog. And I'll start up the series in November for another attack at NaNoWriMo. The difference this time will be that the 50,000 words will catapult me into the crux of the first book. I get the feeling that the first book is going to be long because I've decided to raise up on a few restriction that I imposed on myself... we'll see what happens.

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, regardless of the sloth like progress, I need another fucking job. I want something that I can either make a career out of, or something that will give me the opportunity towards a career... you know, something with either growth potential or more money to work towards something else... I dunno yet, but I know for a fact that I need to stop washing dishes for assholes.

So yeah. I don't really have time to focus on other things. I've even cut down on my video game play somewhat... like, it's not a lot, but it's a considerable amount, enough of an amount such that if you lived with me and were paying attention, you'd definitely notice. I guess you could say I'm trying to start growing up, but that process (finally) started in 2009 (and I ain't ashamed to admit it either), and it's simply hitting a new level with a few bumps in the road and shit.

So for anyone who followed the blog in hopes of me continuing to talk about select events of the world and seeing my videos and songs for the day, I apologize. Thing is, I still watch videos and listen to music, so for those things, it's not much more than actually putting out an effort to try and go with it. And I still go on Adventures, I just don't give myself time to write about them. Like, when I went on staycation in September, I biked all around Manhattan and Brooklyn, NY.

And not a single word was typed about it on this blog.

So if I'm losing followers over this, and I'm pretty sure I am, because that whole 4chan vs. 9gag post gave me an insane amount of steam, it's whatever. I like it's evolution. And of course I would. And I'm glad I didn't monetize this blog, because then I'd find myself with extra pressure to give a fuck. But without any monetizing, no fucks shall be given.

At this point, it's your choice to follow the blog or not. Make a wise decision... stick around only if you like my work. And if you don't... peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment