August 13, 2011

The Adventures of Mark Wins 5: "Free-ness"

So I definitely enjoyed the complete shit out of my two days off (Thursday and Friday).

Wednesday night, I saw a free screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World at Hudson River Park. Pier 63 for those who like details.


Scott Pilgrim X World is still one of the greatest movies of all time. I'm glad I saw it again, as I was able to see interesting details that I get to notice in the first time viewing because it's a first time viewing... Like I didn't notice the reason Kim's every reaction to Scott the first go.

Thursday night, I saw a free screening of Kick-Ass at Tompkins Square Park. And it was after a neat little performance by this jazz-samba(?)-hiphop hybrid band called... fuck. I don't remember their name... let me do a little research right quick... Mamarazzi. Their music is pretty cool. You should check 'em out.


Kick-Ass is probably the best superhero movie ever conceived. I think what makes this movie the best superhero movie is the realness of the movie and how I could relate to it in a sense. It was also ridiculously funny.

Friday, I got my check, then went to Roosevelt Island and just chilled with a spirit named Lola. (don't ask questions) Afterwards, I checked up on Brookville Park right quick (you should probably come to Brookville Park on Monday morning... there should be something... interesting... going on). And then I played some Scott Pilgrim, Pac-Man Championship DX, and Tekken 5 DR at my dude Jacko's house.



And today. I'm back at work. Ugh.

But it's cool for the most part. Like I said, I definitely enjoyed my days off. And I didn't have to spend much money to enjoy it.

It's nice to have money though. It really is. Even if I spent as little of it as possible. I'm not sure if the cost is worth it though.

I'm glad that I made the decision to fully enjoy my days off, especially while there's still some summer left in the city. Work was kicking my ass to the point where I stopped enjoying life and was starting to become a slave to the dollar. I was definitely losing freedom. Granted I still don't have it, but I'm slowing learning where I can take it back.

Now I just have to come up with a plan to get it all back. Or, you know... like, 80-something percent of it.

additionally.....


as far as this blog is concerned... it probably won't be making a full blown return until like October, when it gets too cold to give a fuck about going outside to do anything. Summer is my favorite season, and it's a great season to do things... except blog... especially when you got work and you're secretly working on other projects on the side.

so yeah... October-ish. I make a full blown return.

No comments:

Post a Comment