February 26, 2012

Sparring Sessions...

So that whole thing about this being the Internet Finale was apparently a partial lie. I mean, obviously it was supposed to bring closure to whatever I was doing with him before, hence Finale, but... yeah... anyway...

After a nearly two year hiatus, I'm bringing Marko Man back. And I'm actually going to bring him back to the Internet for some time.

Recently, I had an idea to drop the book I'm "currently writing" (I use that term loosely because I haven't written anything about the book since November 30th) and start the Marko Man series.

Last time I checked, I had made the decision to make Marko Man a web comic series (which technically would have put him back on the Internet anyway... -_-). Since writing what I wrote of "A Life So Awesome it Hurts," however, I totally came back in touch with why I love writing so much. So I have since been considering going back to writing the series as novels, regardless of how tempting making it a web comic series is.

Compared to how I had been writing the fights, I had also made the decision to tone the fighting down a notch or two. Before, it was totally Dragon Ball Z like, but I think I'm going to go for more of a Marvel vs. Capcom style fight while still containing some DBZ elements. (this is not a cue for a Marvel 2 vs. Marvel 3 discussion/debate/argument...) While fighting scenes like that isn't out of my element, there are some details that are just not quite ready to rock yet.

About a week or two ago I was reading part 2 of the story that Jacko wrote on FaceBook and this random idea of sparring sessions popped into my head. It would help me get back into the groove, figure out some of the details, refine the fighting style a bit, and overall get back to writing fictional material.

So here's what I'm going to do:

Eventually, I'm going to start a new blog dedicated to writing these sparring sessions of random Marko Man characters and maybe even some special guests going at it in one-on-one, two-on-two, three-on-three, free-for-alls, or whatever else I can come up with. This will give me the opportunity to tighten the loose end on all aspects on the series before I really begin it.

And whenever I decide to finally get my drawing tablet, you can expect some web comic concepts to show up as well.

So yeah. Sparring Sessions. Coming soon.

As a matter of fact, I'll do you one better and give you a month. April.

No comments:

Post a Comment