April 4, 2012

April is the Write Month for this Chaos.

So it's April. This is the month that I said the journey would begin. I got the Sparring Sessions coming out soon, hopefully on the 20th. I have one fight ready (well, technically two, but the second fight is a special event that requires a special occassion), and I have one that has a freshly finished first draft. I hope to have about 3 or 4 fights by the time the 20th rolls around. I'm also working on a new logo for Marko Man.

I also want to go to a few poetry readings and read some of my stuff and get my name around the block and whatnot. I have half a lead, but I need more, obviously, so there's that to look into.

Furthermore, apparently April is Poetry Month. So that means I'm either going to write a poem a day or have at least 30 poems by the end of the month. Sounds simple, except I put so much food on my plate this month otherwise. But then again, if I did NaNoWriMo, then 30 poems should be easy... NaNoWriMo is like the hyperbolic time chamber of daily writing in my opinion.

In short, this should be a nice, busy month for me in terms of writing, especially since April has a slew of things I want to do beyond writing (it's getting warm, so we should know what that means...). I should also see some form of improvement in my writing with all the writing I'll be doing (I know I'm good, but I'm always looking to improve).

Random bit: I was planning on reading "The Hunger Games" and the two books that follow it, I think I'm going to have to bump that into May. I read a synopsis of "The Hunger Games," and it seems to be something more along the lines of something I'd like to read as opposed to Harry Potter... I'm not really into wizards and magic in that nature/of that degree.

So wish me luck. I'm a use today to freshen things up (because if I'm going to be writing as much as I am, I might as well get into a form conducive to such), plan things out in more detail, and get ready for the ride.

Like I said, the journey begins. Will the journey be better than the destination? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment