September 13, 2011

Vision

Guess I don't have style.
I mean, I see my reflection,
And I see greatness,
But maybe it's just my glasses.

I'm just another number to the government.
Just another person to the people.
Just another employee to management.
Just another guy to women.

And yet, when I look and I see,
I see so much more.
Not just in me, but in you.
But in everything. The world.

I see glorious things,
But they don't exist in theory,
For the reality is,
Everything is just something.

Nothing is as special
As we make it out to be.
Unless it actually is,
Even when it's not.

But my vision sees things
From odd angles and perspectives,
And it's not quite a mirage.
No. Just.... different.

It can be pointed out.
I could actually show you,
Not even an illusion.
You can see it with the naked eye.

But if you don't want to see it,
Then it can never exist.
No matter how much I tell you,
Existence is futile.

So my visions are never seen,
My point of view never imagined.
And I am forever left alone,
Sitting next to my reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment