November 28, 2011

Brendan's Progress and the Final Stretch Part 3

As of this very post, I'm at 40,135 words. I have 9,865 words left to write in a matter of two days.

I'll probably still write a little bit more before this day over. I may even write a little more after midnight, and have it count for "tomorrow" and whatnot.

But I'm getting there. I can see the light. I brought my remaining word count down to below 10k. This is very, very doable at this point.

And I still got the fire to write it too. It's not like I'm struggling to come up with stuff. Granted, this is heading in a direction I kinda sorta didn't exactly imagine it to go... mostly within the specific details of where it went at this point, as opposed to where it is a whole... oh, my mind, what a wonderful piece of work.

But this is what happens when you improvise a novel from scratch. I have plenty of general ideas, but I have no idea how this is going to come out in the end. I do know that when it's all said and done, the final product is going to be ridiculously amazing.

But I still don't think I write literature. Naaah, literature is for those who give a shit.

This entire novel seems to be based on not giving a shit. Or rather, the entire way I'm writing this novel is based on not giving a shit.

Tuesday the 29th and Wednesday the 30th remain. Tomorrow is my final day off from work, and Wednesday, I do in fact work. But if it's not too busy, best believe I'm cheating and going to get more than a few words done via my phone....

So yeah. 40,135 words written. 9,865 words left to write. Enough of this day is left to knock out maybe 500-1000 more words, and maybe tomorrow, if I'm really, really ridiculous enough and insane enough, I'll knock the entire remainder out...

That actually sounds like something to aim for...

No comments:

Post a Comment