November 29, 2011

Brendan's Progress and the Final Stretch Part 4

I'm so close to the end I can smell it.

As of this post, I'm 44,120 words in. I have 5,880 left.

I also have work tomorrow.

I'm probably going to write again before the night is up. Maybe start at about 11pm and finish before midnight, clock those words in to see where I stand (which will done here in an edit sometime around midnight) and I may write some more after midnight...

Because I have work in the morning... -_-

I think that having work in the morning, however, will be better for trying to finish up this goal as opposed to having work in the afternoon and evening... I can't quite put my finger on why though... I guess because... oh whatever, it's just a better way to finish it off.

But yeah. I'm there. The end is near. Now obviously, this could be words written towards the book, but fuck. I need breaks and stuff. My brain is sizzling from all this writing, I swear.

Like, I definitely took much longer breaks than I should have today. I had a plan to write at least 1000 words every hour on the hour from 2pm up to whenever, but I was playing video games and watching videos. It's been rough, but I'm getting these words done. Hopefully, I'll have at least 45,000 done by midnight, and then maybe squeeze out another 1000 or so after midnight before I go to sleep. I feel like I need to crunch out as many words as I can so that after work, it will be relatively easy to coast to the finish line.

But yeah. The end is near. I can smell.

Then maybe I can work on this novel in a regular, sane manner... Shit.

Edit: (1:11am) 46,022 words. Approximately 4,000 words left. Oh fucking boy. This could potentially be a photo finish, but I'm definitely going in today. Gonna bust off a couple hundred words on phone at work, then I'm a finish strong when I get home.

I am going to Win NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment