December 12, 2011

50 Questions That Can Help Free Your Mind



I jacked these questions from here, so if you want to answer them without seeing my answers, then you click either that link or this link. There's no difference, they all go to the same webpage. 



Below are my answers to these questions....







1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I'd say somewhere between 18 and 21. I'm a go with 20.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
My experiences have proven to me that never trying is much worse than failing because if you never try, then it's an auto-fail, and you don't learn that first hand experience that the fail was going to teach you.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
We do so many things that we don't like because that's the way life has been set up for the most part, where we work, we pay bills, and do a bunch of things that we simply don't like doing due to its necessity. We like so many things that we don't do because either it was actually done once and sure enough, it was fun, but since it's not a necessity to life, we don't get to do it enough, or it gives off the perception of being something that we like, but since we never tried it, we don't know for sure if we like it or not.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
At this rate, it's about equal... there are things I said that I'd do and haven't done yet, and there are things that I didn't say I would do and done them without the words to announce to the world that I'd do it. Regardless, I think I would have said more than I've done, but only by a little bit.

5. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
I would like to eliminate greed. 
This was a toss up between greed and religion, and I figure that if you get rid of religion, which stops a number of wars from happening, then you'd still have greedy fucks absorbing too much resources and therefore leaving others assed out. With greed eliminated, religious wars would probably still be less numerous because then people wouldn't be so greedy about converting others to their religion, and maybe they'll actually practice what they preach.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Fiction writing. The Marko Man series would make me billions, and I'd like to believe that I'd share it to help others get off the ground and do things, but... you know... human nature, and "you never know until you get there," and stuff like that.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I cannot settle for doing dishes all my life. I'm settling for now because it's paying the bills and enabling me to do things that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do, such as the slow but steady movement towards doing what I believe in.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would probably take many, many more risks, playing with odds that could have me catch fire.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I let it spiral out of control with the passing of my father, allowing that to negatively affect me longer and harder than it should have. Now, I'm slowly but surely taking back hold of the reigns.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I think I'm more worried about doing things that I want to do than either of those.

11. You are having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I try to figure out why they feel this way about this person. If the criticism is unjustified, then that probably means that there is something about her that they don't know that may need to be brought to the light.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Do onto others as you would want others to do onto you.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Absolutely.

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I see insanity almost all the time. And there are plenty of times where creativity comes out of it. So yes.

15. What is something you know you do differently than most people?
Amazing... because I feel like I do so many things different from most people that I can't even name one thing that I do differently... or maybe, it's not what I do differently... maybe it's he things that people do that I don't do... therefore... I think I entertain myself differently.

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because I am Epic.
Additionally, because I have no problem being myself. I used to say "I'm unique," but everyone's unique these days... kinda misses the point... the point is to be yourself.

17. What is one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Ahhh... that girl... oh wait, you said thing?
Well, then... I want to learn how to make video games. The only thing holding me back is myself, but I honestly just have to put up a bit of money and truly dedicate myself to learning how to make games from scratch (or as far as I can find scratch).

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
It's possible... I'll figure that out in a few short months.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Well, there's Japan, because they're apparently awesome when it comes to new technology.
And then there's Ecuador. Because it's warm. All the time.
As for states... Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina seem like ideal places weather wise. I also hear everything's cheaper down there.
But I frikin love New York. It would be totally awesome if I could earn a salary that let's me live here comfortably.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
I actually know that elevator buttons don't actually work.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I would totally rather be a worried genius, simply because I put so much value in intelligence. That's not to say that there's no pluses to being a joyful simpleton...

22. Why are you, you?
I think, therefore, I am.
I'm me because... well, I think I'm a negatively produced product of my environment... I kinda like doing things opposite of what everyone else is doing because I find that a lot of things other people do is ineffective or something like that. Or maybe it's just as simple as me not liking what everyone else is doing... I don't know. I'm just weird, and that's why I'm me.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Hell yeah. Shit, I talk to myself, I'm already the kind of friend that I want as a friend.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
They both suck, but it would seem as though losing touch with a good friend next door gives a better opportunity to reunite.

25. What are you most grateful for?
Life. It's a wonderful experience.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I'd have to flip a coin. My old memories are great, but I can't help but think that the best is yet to come...

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Depends on how fast you accepted one plus one equaling two...

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
My greatest fear is death. Death stopped by and took my father. So...

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
5 years ago, I wasn't really upset about anything. But 4 years ago... holy shit.
But no, it doesn't matter.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I don't have a "happiest childhood memory." Not that my childhood wasn't happy. It's just that I don't feel like going back to find something that made me the "happiest," because within a week or two, the "happiest" memory will be something else.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Either when I was writing during those 3 days off for NaNoWriMo, those two games of Marvel vs. Capcom 1 where I played the best Strider Hiryu of my life, or hanging with the bros. in Atlantic City (still ain't drop those Lost Adventures...)

32. If not now, then when?
Eventually. Yes, yes, I know... it might be too late then.

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
The ground you've made to get to the point where you can viable achieve it. (if you haven't achieved $500,000 yet... are you willing to risk the $400,000 you to get there?)

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Ahh... those moments where I looked into her eyes and our eyes said everything that mattered... if only I could bring that magic back.

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because it's not about supporting love, it's about controlling people.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
No, because what if what we consider good is evil and evil, good?

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Yup. I'd invest the million so that it would generate income for life.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work that I'd actually enjoy doing... because then, it's not work.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Yup.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I do not remember.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Ronald, Jeffrey, Justin, Joe, Nicole, Sandra, Sally... assuming that I have a 24 hour period to make these visits...

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Nope.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is breathing, eating, etc... life processes and such.
Truly living is actually doing things that you want to do... maybe not everything that you want to do, because that would imply perfection, which does not exist, but doing more than a few things that you want to do, that you love doing. Or maybe, truly living is simply enjoying yourself, even if you're doing things that you don't like.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Three days before the shit hits the fan, because if you do just go ahead and do what you know is right when the shit hits the fan, it just might be too late.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
We fear rejection and embarrassment and disappointment.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I dunno, I do a lot things regardless of judgment anyway...

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
This morning. Apparently, most humans breathe incorrectly. I'm trying to correct it.

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love writing fiction. My recent venture of NaNoWriMo reminded me of this love.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Nope, nope, and nope.

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I'm part of the 99%, so decisions are obviously being made for me. That said, the decisions that I can make for myself by myself are decisions that I make for myself, by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment