December 12, 2011

Cold

So cold...
My skin... freezing...
Cold sweat... dripping ice...
Yearning for heat... your heat...
Below zero... all over...
Except... my heart...
It feels for you...
Despite the blizzard...
The arctic ways...
Of the world around me...
Won't keep me from the desire...
Of love...

So cold...
Brain freeze is imminent...
Can't even think straight...
Can't even... think...
Memory is failing...
Basic functions... difficult...
And that's why my heart...
Takes over...

So cold...
I can't even think... warm thoughts...
Forgot... what warmth is...
I know no tropics...
Sunrays... so far away...
Not rain... snow and ice...
Not gentle... violent winds...
Winter strikes me...
Over... and over... again...
My body... shut down...
My eyes... frozen open...
Yet I only see... with my heart...

So cold...
My idiot heart... wanders...
In a quest... for survival...
It reaches out for you...
Hoping you take my hand...
Lead me... to eternal paradise...
Not the illusion... the actual...
Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment