June 11, 2011

The Censored Social Network....

Or, "People are really good at censoring themselves."

I don't understand why the f**k people do s*it like that.

We still know exactly what the f you're trying to say, but because you cleaned the s up like a b*tch, it's supposed to make it less bad?

Dumb. The fact that in your mind, f*** is less offensive than fuck is hilarious to me. Grow up. The same exact message is being conveyed, so what's the point of replacing the actual letters with stars?

Actually, forget the social network... censorship of curse words is dumb in general. Bitch, I kinda understand. Same with something like nigga. But damn, shit, and fuck? I find absolutely nothing wrong with those words where they have to be censored. What exactly about damn, shit, and fuck is offensive? What makes the term "fucking idiot" any more offensive than the term "complete idiot"? At the end of the day, the targeted person is still an idiot, and if anything, "complete idiot" should be more offensive because while "fucking idiot" definitely implies that you are quite the idiot, "complete idiot" means that you are at least 100% idiot.

Personally, I'd rather have someone call me a fucking idiot than a complete idiot.

They're just words people. There's no reason that the average curse word should offend you.

Oh, but cursing is a sin, so therefore, God doesn't like it.

Wrath, Envy, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Pride. You probably engage in one or more of these deadly sins more than you can ever curse. Furthermore, our God is a rather forgiving Fellow, right? I'm sure that if you live your life as best as you can, believing in Him and apologizing for your sins every so often, you're good. I pray to God every night, ask Him to bless my family and me, and when I'm out late at night, I ask that He protects me on my way home and gives me the strength and power to overcome any threat that may come my way. So far, so good. I think that the fact that I believe in Him and His Power has me in pretty good standing with Him, regardless of my less than "ethical" language.

So please, people. Don't dilute yourself. And don't get offended when I say "Fuck that shit munching cum drinking stupid ass son of a bitch" if you're not the target of said verbal abuse.

And if I call you a fucking idiot, just be glad I didn't call you a complete idiot. That's clearly much more disrespectful. :)

PS: If you curse, don't be like "Kids shouldn't curse." Kids get angry too, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment