June 17, 2011

Just Heard Marvin's Room...

This song has been hyped up by sooooo many people on FaceBook...

But I finally heard it today as a request from my brother to my other brother on our makeshift sound system.

Wow.

That song is garbage.

Now the crazy shit is how the way this song delivered is garbage, but the lyrics themselves are actually not so bad. It's just that the delivery of the lyrics... what the fuck...

And this is when I think to myself... maybe Marvin's Room isn't the only song like this? Maybe there are a number of songs in current day hip hop where the lyrics are amazing but are simply put to terrible beats. Like that "A Millie" beat.... Jada Kiss did a freestyle to the A Millie beat, and I love Jada, but like... I can't stand that beat. At all. It's just one of many lazy ass "look at me, I'm in a studio, let me put some pieces of noise together and call it a beat" type of beat.

This is the thing that really blows my mind though....


This video is the only reason I actually knew the lyrics at one point. The lyrics are terrible... if, you know, you're dead ass serious about this shit. But this guy was just having fun pulling this off, and I find it hilarious. And good. The way the guitar goes with the "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

I dunno... whatever... maybe I'm just weird.

The point is.... Marvin's Room is a garbage ass song. But them lyrics... totally relate to them. I wish someone else would take that song and do it better. Hell, Drake could do it better. I feel as though he actually has (or gives off the perception of*) talent.

* that's something that I'm going to need to explore at a later date...

No comments:

Post a Comment