April 14, 2011

Edge Retires


A wrestler known as Edge retired on WWE Raw last Monday. For those who need a bit of a refresher, Edge was the guy that was part of the team Edge & Christian, who generally went up against The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boys in one of the most epic triple threat tag team rivalries of all time. Edge would go on to become one hell of a competitor in the ring on his own, winning many... many championships, and even retiring as WWE's World Heavyweight Champion.

So I've seen a number of wrestlers retire, but I feel like I really needed to dedicate a blog to Edge. Why? Well, Edge has an interesting impact in my life. There's definitely the awesome 3 team feud that was mentioned before, but during the dark year of 2007, I watched SmackDown on Friday nights due to not having much opportunity to do anything else, and Edge kept me very... very... very entertained with his Ultimate Opportunist angle. He was the bad guy, and he was one hell of a bad guy, easily the best heel of that time period. Kept me very entertained and gave me something to look forward to when there wasn't much to look forward to. (remember, this was that trash ass year known as 2007 that I'm talking about)

Furthermore, Edge's presence introduced me to the following song:


Metaligus. By Alter Bridge. That song is intense. That song also helped me get through some tough times. I even dedicated the final chapter of Marko Man's Untitled Internet Finale to it, because it had just that much impact upon my life after my father's death, when everything and everything looked bleak.

So Edge, I want to thank you. Even as the bad guy, you magically provided one of the many glimmers of hope that allowed me to believe.

Another chance to a chosen dream,
Another chance to feel, a chance to feel aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

No comments:

Post a Comment